Who will be my host?
A full-time CUHK staff member
What am I expected to do as a hostee?
- Host families and their hostees decide together the frequency and format of gatherings they would like. The activities may be casual/family meals, holiday celebrations, outings/visits, etc. While there is no required number of activities you need to join, your active participation will be much appreciated.
- Share your culture with your host family.
- Each host-hostee pair is expected to join at least one of the activities arranged by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) e.g. opening ceremony, leisure workshops.
- Attend the opening ceremony with your host on 6 October 2023 (Friday) night (Not compulsory but highly encouraged!). Details will be sent to the participants in due course.
How will the matching be arranged?
Matching will be arranged by OSA with reference to common interests, religion, college affiliation, etc. One host family will take care of no more than two students.
- This is a non-residentialprogramme that does not require host families to provide accommodation to their hostees.
- Your participation will be recorded in the Student Development Portfolio.
- OSA may use the photos in relation to this programme without prior notice. If you have any concerns about this, please notify us in advance.
- OSA reserves the right to make all final decisions about this programme.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CUHKCulturalEncounters