Learning and Cultural Enhancement Section


Finding off-campus accommodation in Hong Kong can be a challenge as you may not understand the local law and the rental procedure well. Also, the rent for a private apartment in Hong Kong is relatively high and many landlords tend to consider only leases of at least one year. Yet, living off-campus could be fun – you will enjoy more freedom and have a chance to taste the local culture.

It is erroneous to assume that the first step of renting an apartment is the inspection of the flat. Before searching for apartments, it is necessary for you to understand thoroughly the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance and the rental procedure. This website provides CUHK members with information related to rental accommodation outside of CUHK campus. Get prepared !

Terms of Using this Website and Disclaimer

The content on this website is compiled by the Learning and Cultural Enhancement Section (LCES) of the Office of Student Affairs for CUHK members’ general reference. This website can also contain information contributed by others, and links directing to other websites.  Users are responsible for making their own assessment of all information contained on this website and all related information in the links before acting upon it. 


The LCES reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information compiled by the LCES on this website at any time in its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. The LCES has no relation with any agent, and is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any information including data or links on this website.