LEAD 1001 is a non-credit bearing programme organised by Office of Student Affairs, which aims to nurture students to be future leaders with global mindset. Four modules will be covered:
- Cultural Sensitivity and Cross-cultural Teamwork
- Unleashing the Potential
- Publicizing and Communication
- Global and Regional Awareness
Content of each module can be viewed at:
Participants are encouraged to apply the knowledge by organising cultural activities or engaging in service learning. Students with outstanding performance will be given an award.
Join us if you wish to expand your visions and grasp concrete skills to implement plans. Besides personal growth, meeting friends from various cultures would definitely be a bonus!
All the activities will be conducted in English.
|By 13 Sept 2023 (Wed) 11:45pm
|18 Sept (10:30am) – 19 Sept (5:30pm)
||Enrolment for training sessions (applicants can register for the sessions only after they submit the deposit)
|23 Sept (Sat) 1:00-4:00pm
& 4 Oct 2023 (Wed) 6:30-9:30pm
|Module 0: Cultural Sensitivity and Cross-cultural Teamwork (compulsory)
|Sept – Nov 2023
||Module 1: Unleashing the Potential
Module 2: Publicizing and Communication
Module 3: Global and Regional Awareness
Participants are required to select 1 session per module.
|Nov 2023- Apr 2024
1. Volunteering for any cultural activities organised by Learning and Cultural Enhancement Section or;
2. Organising internationalization activities or;
3. Participating in service learning activities (at least one session, other than the Social Service session on 11 Nov)
||Submission of report
Credit for participants:
- Participants who have fulfilled 75% attendance will have their Student Development Portfolio (SDP) recorded.
- Outstanding students who have completed the practicum and submitted a report in addition of the 75% attendance will be given an award.
- Details of practicum and report will be announced near the end of the programme.
Remarks: The Office of Student Affairs will use or publish the photos taken during the activities without prior notice.