The i-Ambassador Scheme provides a platform for students to organize activities to promote cultural exchange. To facilitate the i-Ambassadors’ implementation of activities and to raise their cultural awareness, a spectrum of training activities will be arranged to equip them with the necessary qualities.
If you would like to promote your culture with like-minded friends, connect with people from different backgrounds or accelerate cultural exchange on campus, join us!
- Attend one session from Part A and Part B of the training activities respectively (see table below). Students joining this programme before can be exempted from the training.
- Organize at least one cultural activity in 2021-22.
Schedule (All the activities will be conducted in English unless specified):
|Oct – Nov 2021
||Online Training Activities (Online or offline mode TBC)
A. Embracing the Differences (choose one):
- Cross Cultural Communication Workshop
- Cross Cultural Project Design Workshop
B. Exploring the Heritage (choose one):
- Cultural tour
- Art and craft workshop
**The training topics are subject to change. The final version and details will be sent to the successful applicants by email.
|Oct – Nov 2021
||Submission of Activity Proposal
If necessary, i-Ambassadors can apply for the Fund (http://lces.osa.cuhk.edu.hk/cultural-diversity/fund) to gain financial support for their cultural activities.
|Oct 2021 – May 2022
||Implementation of i-Ambassadors’ own cultural events
Each team of i-Ambassadors are expected to organize at least one cultural activity in 2021-22, while hosting one in each term will be highly encouraged.
To help keep the programme running and diversify the activities, i-Ambassador Coordinators are also wanted this year.
- Being the buddies of other i-Ambassadors, e.g. greeting them regularly, sharing campus information with them, organizing gatherings among themselves
- Running an IG account to promote the activities organized by i-Ambassadors
- Attending a special training session for i-Ambassador Coordinators
||Local and non-local students; Senior UG or PG students preferred. Appointment is by invitation only.
CREDIT to i-Ambassadors and i-Ambassador Coordinators for their active participation and contribution:
- Certificates will be awarded to the i-Ambassadors Coordinators and i-Ambassadors who organize cultural activities.
- Record updated in their Student Development Portfolio (SDP).
1. The Office of Student Affairs will use or publish the photos taken at or in relation to the scheme without prior notice.
2. The Office of Student Affairs reserves the final right of decision on all matters relating to this scheme.