Who will be my host?
A full-time CUHK staff member
What am I expected to do as a hostee?
- Host families and their hostees decide together the frequency and format of gatherings they would like. The activities may be casual/family meals, holiday celebrations, outings/visits, etc. (The activity format is subject to adjustment in view of the COVID-19 situation). While there is no required number of activities you need to join, your active participation will be much appreciated.
- Share your culture with your host family.
- Each host-hostee pair is expected to join at least one of the activities arranged by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) e.g. interest workshops, reunion gathering.
How will the matching be arranged?
Matching will be arranged by OSA with reference to common interest, religion, college affiliation, etc. One host family will take care of no more than two students.
- This is a non-residential programme which does not require host families to provide accommodation to their hostees.
- Your participation record will be input in the Student Development Portfolio.
- OSA may use the photos in relation to this programme without prior notice. If you have any concern about this, please notify us in advance.
- OSA reserves the right to make all final decisions about this programme.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CUHKCulturalEncounters