Who will be my host?
A full-time CUHK staff member or a local Year 2 or above undergraduate student
What am I expected to do as a hostee?
- The activities initiated by your host family may include casual/family meals, holiday celebrations, outings/visits, etc. (activity format subject to adjustment upon consideration of the development of COVID-19). While there is no required frequency for joining the activities and the dates and formats will be agreed between both your host and you, your active participation will be appreciated.
- Share your culture with your host family.
- Each host-hostee pair is expected to join at least one of the activities arranged by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) e.g. interest workshops, reunion gathering, etc. (subject to adjustment upon consideration of the development of COVID-19)
How will the matching be arranged?
Matching will be arranged by OSA with reference to common interest, religion, college affiliation, etc. One host family will take care of no more than two non-local students.
- This is a non-residential programme which does not require host families to provide accommodation for their hostees.
- Your participation record will be input in the Student Development Portfolio.
- OSA may use the photos in relation to this programme without prior notice. If you have any concern about this, please notify us in advance.
- OSA reserves the right to make all final decisions about this programme.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CUHKCulturalEncounters