Who will be my hostee(s)?
One or two new international students who are pursuing undergraduate degrees at CUHK
What is a host expected to do?
- Show your hostee(s) your support and care virtually i.e. through the internet, if you are unable to meet physically due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Initiate at least two activities for your hostee(s) in 2020-21. The activities can come in all shapes and sizes, be they casual or family meals, festival celebrations, visits/outings (activity format subject to adjustment upon consideration of the development of COVID-19). Each activity can be subsidized up to $250, or $500 for the hosts taking care of two students.
- Share your culture with your hostee(s).
- Each host-hostee pair is expected to join at least one of the activities arranged by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA), e.g. interest workshops, reunion gathering, etc. (subject to adjustment upon consideration of the development of COVID-19)
How will the matching be arranged?
Matching will be arranged by OSA with reference to common interest, religion, college affiliation, etc. One host will take care of no more than two international students.
- This is a non-residential programme at which host families are not required to provide accommodation to their hostees.
- OSA may use the photos in relation to this programme without prior notice. If you have any concern about this, please notify us in advance.
- OSA reserves the right to make all final decisions about this programme.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CUHKCulturalEncounters